OUR HISTORY
~

CAPO’s corporate history has always been closely associated with the raw materials to be found in nature. We realised the benefits of these at an early stage. Soon we added innovative processing methods and more sophisticated materials. The location of our head office has remained unchanged – Egg in the Bregenz Forest.

Landmarks

1912 – straw hats for the Hapsburg monarchy, paper hats during the First World War; felt hats from 1938 on, hay hats and girardi hats starting in the mid-fifties, fashionable cloth caps for winter wear from the seventies; and today – innovative headwear that has been ‘inspired by nature’.

Our roots

The Bregenzerwald – the Bregenz Forest – is our home base. It is a farming region. People’s lives here have always been based on the seasons. In the winter months, embroidery work was crucial to survival – as well as a hat factory.